Real post coming soon - Read more »

01 February 2007

Feb'y

It's an abbreviated month. I'm giving it an abbreviated name. It looks kind of cute, doesn't it?

At least on the outside. But there's deeper meaning here.

On the inside, the first week or so of Feb'y generally is bad. Bad things happen. Two of my worst days ever were 02/05/05 and 02/06/06, but I didn't let on at the time. Pure coincidence, I'm sure, but I can't help but wonder... So what's on tap for 02/07/07?

Well, normal CHEM, PS, and PHYS. Normal homework due in PHYS. Then in seminar, a "Department Selection Student Panel," preparing us for department selection, which apparently is actually 14 February, not 28 February. No homework will be due for MATH, which is a good thing, but it's because that's the day of my first exam this term: Calc 3. So, here's hoping that goes well. And I'm sure it will, because if anything goes wrong, it won't be in anything on this list, because that's just the way my life works.

And of course, I'd be remiss if I failed to mention the slew of relatives I had die the first week of February 2001. That was hard to deal with, too.

Granted, some very good things have happened in the first week of Feb'y, too. I made a new friend, and the Steelers won the Superbowl. And of course, the last couple years, it coincided with District Choir, which as we all know, turned out well in the end.

But notice how the new friend post was posted very early the morning of 02/06/06. I was at an emotional high, as Ben had helped me recover from earlier events. Then everything came crashing down hours later, even worse. It was a good thing he was there to help me through at that time...

Ah, we'll see what happens. I'm not getting my hopes up, but I'm not inhibited by fear, either. What shall pass shall pass. And that will be that. It's all part of the roller-coaster that is, was, and always will be Feb'y.

Random tangent: And since it's Feb'y, the Cousin Club blog is decorated to reflect it. Check it out!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like Feb'y... I have a mental image of some form of Care Bear associated with that word... no idea why.

2/7/07 is a Wednesday and I don't normally see you then, but I'll be sure to send you extra good vibes.

Unknown said...

did you know that february is the only month that historians are not sure of the deriviation of the name (if i said that correctly). others are named after gods and numbers and leaders, but february is unknown.

but laurel's b-day is this month, so it can't be all that bad.

Lexi Elizabeth said...

did you know february is the only month that historians do not know where the name came from? others come from numbers and leaders and gods, but february is just unknown.

but it's laurel's birthday, so it can't be all that bad?

Post a Comment